We are looking for an inspirational class teacher who has a passion for teaching to join us on a fixed term basis to cover a period of maternity.
Working at Welland Academy, you will be part of a dedicated and supportive team of staff with one goal - providing our children with the very best education through an exciting curriculum.
This post would suit both NQTs and experienced Teachers alike and we are accepting applications from those seeking to work either 0.4 or 0.6 FTE. Please get in touch to find out more.
We’re looking for a class teacher who:
- has a passion for children’s learning and development
- can contribute ideas to a strong and forward looking team
- is reflective and can be innovative in their techniques to motivate young learners
- is willing to develop their knowledge and skills in using IT to support children’s learning and their own workload
- is able to make positive relationships with staff, pupils and parents alike
- has experience teaching in Key Stage 2.
We can offer you:
- an inclusive school with a good reputation for developing well rounded, caring children who feel safe and valued whatever their skills and abilities
- a caring and motivated team of staff who help and support each other
- great up-to-date IT provision using Microsoft Office 365. (We are on the pathway to become a Microsoft Showcase School)
- dedicated PPA time with year group colleagues plus extra throughout the year
- opportunities for continuing professional development, including access to the Trusts ‘Learning Alliance’ including a Trust NQT programme.
Our academy is larger than the average Primary academy. We opened in 2013 and boast a fantastic new building and a vibrant atmosphere. We are part of the Greenwood Academies Trust (GAT) which allows collaborative working, the sharing of best practice and the expertise a Central Team can offer – enabling us to focus on teaching and learning.
For further information, please visit: https://app.kallidusrecruit.com/GreenwoodAcademiesTrust/VacancyInformation.aspx?VId=89646
Closing date: 28th February 2021
If this post attracts sufficient interest before the closing date, we may decide to close this vacancy at an earlier date, so an early application is advised.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks, therefore, all posts within the Trust are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
All adults employed by the Trust have a responsibility for data protection and have a duty to observe and follow the principles of the GDPR Regulations.
The Trust welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.
All applicants must be able to provide evidence of their Right to Work in the UK prior to commencement of employment. As part of our need to comply with UK immigration rules, you will be required to provide Home Office stipulated documentation prior to interview.
The Welland Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years