The purpose of this post is to contribute to overall school effectiveness in respect of the following areas:
(b)Care and welfare
This is a fixed term post for the duration of the secondment of the permanent postholder.
The successful candidate must have an appropriate degree / diploma in Primary Teaching and GTC Scotland Registration.
Subject to the policies of the school and the education authority the duties of teachers are to perform such tasks as the headteacher shall direct having reasonable regard to overall teacher workload related to the following categories:
- Teaching assigned classes together with associated preparation and correction.
- Developing the school curriculum.
- Assess, recording and reporting on the work of pupils.
- Preparing pupils for examinations and assisting with the administration of examinations.
- Providing advice and guidance to pupils on issues related to their education
- Promoting and safeguarding the health, welfare and safety of pupils.
- Working in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals.
- Undertaking appropriate and agreed continuing professional development.
- Participating in issues related to school planning, raising achievement and individual review.
- Contributing to good order and the wider needs of the school.
The above teaching post is a full time position and the salary is in accordance with current regulations plus £2,265 distant islands allowance.
Iochdar Primary School
Na h-Eileanan Siar
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 11 years