Subject Leader – PE
Required: September 2020
Temporary Maternity cover
(Up to 12 Months or return of post holder)
The story so far
Westfield School is on the cusp of achieving great things. The school has moved from having spaces in year groups to now being regularly over-subscribed. It is part of Chorus Education Trust – an inclusive and aspirational local Trust that is drawing on the very best teaching and learning across South Yorkshire and Derbyshire. Westfield formally joined Chorus Trust in December 2018.
The school has a strong tradition of inclusion, whilst aspiring for the very best education, opportunities and results possible for all students. We are passionate about transforming our students' life chances.
Westfield School is seeking to appoint a Temporary Subject Leader for PE.
We are seeking someone who is passionate about engaging all our students in this subject, committed to delivering well planned and inspirational lessons to help our students make excellent progress. Candidates will be expected to teach OCR national and GCSE PE.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a creative, motivational and effective classroom practitioner with a track record of excellent outcomes for students.
• Be able to inspire, challenge and motivate young people and colleagues alike.
• Be reflective and analytical about their own classroom practice and be able to widen this ability to quality assure the subject area.
• Be able to analyse performance data and devise strategy to further improve outcomes.
• Be robust and determined in maintaining standards within the faculty and wider school.
• Be engaged in all aspects of the PE department.
How to apply
Please note further details and an application form are available on our website
Closing date for applications: Midnight Monday 13th April 2020
Interviews to be held w/c 20th April 2020
Completed application forms are to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
(CV's will not be considered).
We always encourage prospective applicants to visit the school in advance of application. This can be arranged by contacting Julie Wilson, PA to the Head of School on 0114 248 5221 or email: email@example.com
Westfield School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment is subject to enhanced DBS checks and two excellent references.