Salary: £16,000 - £20,000 per annum dependent on peformance.
Hours: 37.5 per week (Part-Time considered)
Start Date: ASAP
BeyondAutism have an exciting opportunity for both experienced and trainee ABA Tutors to work with our amazing pupils and join our progressive charity organisation with schools based at both Clapham Common and Earlsfield in Wandsworth, London.
BeyondAutism is an inspiring place to work, and an organisation where you can grow and develop. We offer multiple and generous benefits to employees including an extensive in-house professional training programme enabling you to develop within the field of special needs education. Through our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme we have supported staff to become Qualified Teachers, BCBA’s and Therapists; and we offer many opportunities for progression including further education opportunities for Masters, RBTs, diplomas and certificates.
In return we can offer:
- An excellent in-house professional training programme enabling you to develop within the field of special needs and education.
- A range of fantastic staff benefits, including a pension scheme, season ticket and bicycle loan and access to onsite counsellors an employee assistance programme and an online perk scheme.
- Ongoing support from a dedicated team who share in the vision and values of the organisation and work together every day to empower our pupils and transform their lives.
- Clear career pathways with opportunities for professional development, including funding for training for Masters level qualifications, trainee teacher positions and trainee therapists.
About the ABA Tutor role:
As a member of a class team of ABA Tutors, an ABA Instructor and an ABA Supervisor, you will provide excellent Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)/Verbal Behaviour (VB) teaching to children and young adults with autism and associated learning difficulties. You will be based in a class of approximately eight pupils, working with pupils both individually and in small groups. You will be responsible for teaching individual pupils a personalised curriculum, using teaching techniques based on the principles of ABA/VB. You will need to be creative, energetic and committed to engaging a pupil whilst monitoring their progress. You will support the class team in ensuring the daily needs of our pupils are met in a professional, competent, safe and fun school environment.
What we’re looking for in our ABA Tutors:
- Passionate and driven individuals who share our mission of empowering people with autism to lead fuller lives
- A strong team player with great communication skills, have the ability to work under pressure, and above all be passionate and committed to the development of our pupils
- Willing to learn and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, with Board Certified Behaviour Analysts (BCBA) Supervisors, Instructors, Therapists and Teachers
- An interest in working with children with special needs including autism
- Emotional and physical resilience
- Experience of working with children and/or adults with special needs (desirable)
- Able to work effectively in a team.
If you would like to join our team as our new ABA Tutors then please click ‘apply’ today, we would love to hear from you!
BeyondAutism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure will be conducted for the successful applicant.