Do you have what it takes to inspire young people? Do you have the motivation, enthusiasm and dedication to make a lasting impression and shape lives? If so, teaching could be the choice for you. If you are looking to change career or have recently finished a university degree, our Schools Direct training course offers the chance to encourage young people and use your skills.
Park High School ‘is a self-improving school driven by an unassuming yet unswerving determination that no pupil is left behind’.
This successful 11-16 comprehensive school is situated on the edge of Colne and close to the Yorkshire Dales National Park. There are over 1090 students on roll and we are pleased to be consistently oversubscribed. Our mission is to develop young people with active and creative minds, a sense of understanding and compassion for others, and the courage to act on their beliefs. We stress the total development of each young person and are driven by an unswerving determination that no pupil in our school will be left behind.
The Schools Direct approach we take will ensure that you:
- Spend the majority of your time in schools, training there from the very start of the course;
- Have a dedicated and experienced Subject Mentor to support and guide you through your classroom practice and curriculum knowledge and understanding;
- Participate in a quality CPD programme to fully furnish you with the skills needed to help you become an excellent practitioner;
- Experience varied placements in two different schools to ensure you are fully prepared to take up rewarding positions in a wide variety of schools.
Trainees can receive a tax-free bursary of £24,000 or scholarship of £26,000 (subject to eligibility and DfE announcement every year) from the Department of Education, and can take out a Student Loan if required to cover tuition fees.
If you are a recent graduate with a good degree in a related subject, are graduating this year, or would like to change careers this could be a very exciting opportunity for you to take the first step on the path to an enormously rewarding career.
Interested parties should contact: email@example.com
Please see our website for links and further details of necessary qualifications: http://www.park-high.co.uk/school-direct-programme.html
Applications via UCAS
Park High School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Park High School is a successful 11-16 comprehensive school situated on the edge of Colne and close to the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
There are over 1091 students on roll and we are pleased to be oversubscribed. Our mission is to deve...