Job type - Full time, permanent
Salary – up to £20,767 per annum + Benefits
Hours - 35 hours per week (+ 5 hours paid lunch)
Location – Rhyl, North Wales
We are a national social justice charity with more than 50 years’ experience of changing lives, building stronger communities and reducing crime. Last year alone we helped support, house, educate, advise and speak out for 38,000 disadvantaged young people and adults - and you could now help us make an even bigger impact going forward.
Who we are looking for?
We are searching for a Trainer to engage with and motivate young people with challenging behaviour and multiple complex needs. This will be through providing a broad curriculum to young people aged 16-18, giving them the skills needed to either move into employment or undertake further training and career progression. Your role involves, assessing young people’s needs and delivering training within a group setting to improve their employability skills.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare, design and deliver exciting sessions to enhance and develop young people’s confidence and self-esteem, in line with the assessment criteria of specific awarding bodies.
- Secure appropriate work placements; carry out health and safety vettings; provide support, advice and guidance relating to improving life skills, employability and other opportunities.
- Design and deliver an effective programme of training and support which includes carrying out an essential skills assessment and developing an individual learning plan with each learner.
- Deliver teaching and learning sessions to a high quality in order to meet the requirements of Estyn and partner agencies.
- Complete a risk assessment and take the necessary actions in respect of any activities/engagement with service users including personal safety.
- Develop and maintain relationship with referring agency and potential employers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful team and really impact the future of young people.
To be successful you will be familiar with working with challenging behaviour and have experience of successfully training within this environment.
A DBS check will be required for this role.
A full driving licence and own vehicle is required to be successful in this role.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable.
For a full job description please click here
For a full person specification please click here
For details of Nacro’s excellent benefits including 28 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) please click here
Please apply online