Grade L, points 29-32. Starting salary: £22,694pa. 37 hours per week, term-time only + all INSETs + 5 days in the holidays. Factor 45.6.
A proactive and motivated person is required asap to provide a high quality, professional and sensitive accounting service to the Palladian Academy Trust.
Excellent IT, communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills are essential. Experience of a similar role would be an advantage. You will thrive under pressure and tight deadlines, and be passionate about education.
Under the overall direction of the Chief Operating Officer you will:
· Ensure robust financial management is in place across the Trust in accordance with the Academies Financial Handbook and the Trust’s Policy
· Provide line management of central finance staff
· Provide oversight and operational direction for all financial matters across the trust
· Deliver an excellent standard of customer service to the academies within the Trust
· Provide accurate financial information to the Trust Board and other stakeholders
· Plan and carry out key financial activity including budgeting, forecasting and management accounting
· Develop key peer relationships and external liaison with relevant professional organisations, as well as providing technical guidance and support to senior leaders and finance staff within the trust
This is an exciting time to join the developing Palladian Academy Trust, a group of local schools. If your experience includes managing a successful audit, including the preparation of financial statements, and experience of running an annual budget process, we would welcome an application from you.
Please return the completed application, electronically, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am, Weds 21 February 2018. Interviews will be held week commencing 26 February 2018.
For further details and application forms please see the school website or phone 01225 838903.
The Palladian Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A satisfactory DBS check is required for this post prior to commencement. The postholder will be expected to contribute to the protection of children as appropriate, in accordance with any agreed policies and/or guidelines, reporting any issues or concerns to their immediate line manager.