The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- currently hold or be eligible to hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
We are seeking a highly motivated Tuckshop Convenor to coordinate the day to day operations of the School Tuckshop for 2 days per week commencing 2020.
The Convenor will:
- provide students and staff with high quality, reasonably priced, nutritionally sound food with an emphasis on promoting and encouraging healthy eating habits
- demonstrate high standards of hygiene in relation to the preparation, storage and serving of food and drink
- give opportunities for community engagement via the development of a volunteer roster
- and operate as a business concern, any profits of which are directed to identified school projects and the upkeep and development of the tuckshop.
- The successful applicant must have a current Employee Blue Card.
- They will need to complete a Food Safety Supervisor Course and other training mandated by Brisbane Catholic Education.
- They will be able to manage ordering via an online ordering system.
The Tuckshop Convenor operates within the Catholic setting and will be conversant with, and supportive of, the culture and ethos of St Peter’s School, Rochedale.
Expressions of interest for the position and resume are to be emailed to email@example.com or sent to St Peter’s at 955 Rochedale Rd Rochedale 4123
St Peters is situated in the southern suburbs of Brisbane and has an approximate enrolment of 500 students. St Peter’s was founded by the Presentation Sisters in 1976. Our school’s vision and mission ask us to be a community in faith, a community in learning and a community in peace. “Learning through Christ" is our school motto, recognizing that our Catholic school is centred around the teachings and actions of Jesus. Our story is particularly influenced by 3 key people of faith – St Peter, St Mary of the Cross MacKillop and Nano Nagle. St Peters focuses on students growing academically, displaying a love of learning and forming spiritually to be able to transform and enrich our world.
Visit our school website here
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2020
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: School term weeks only - holidays unpaid
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): 12 months
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 15 hrs per week - Thursday and Friday (plus some preparation time to be negotiated)
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: Service Staff Level (Depending on experience between $29-$36/hr casual rates)
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Bronwyn Buckley
Contact Telephone Number: 0733414800
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window