Options Higford is a DfE registered school and OFSTED rated children’s home offering a purpose built service for autism, specially designed to meet the educational and development needs of the children in our care. We provide a caring, structured and homely environment for our children. We are within commuting distance of Shifnal, Telford, Dudley, Stourbridge, Shrewsbury, Stafford, Cannock, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Stone, Stoke and surrounding towns.
Job Summary and Duties
Working as a Tutor this role focuses on Key Stage 4, supporting students to build independence and skills for life. We offer an adapted and differentiated access to the National Curriculum for each individual, supplemented by ASDAN programmes, along with vocational and life-skills education. The role would suit a confident individual with previous experience working in an education setting and someone who has a special interest supporting with children with autism.
This role is offered on a permanent, full time basis working 40 hours per week, term time only.
As a Tutor, your duties will include:
- Planning , delivering and teaching individual students or small groups
- Monitoring, recording and reporting on student progress
- Supporting the class teacher in organising the classroom, it’s resources, student groupings and displays to provide a stimulating learning situation appropriate for students with autistic spectrum disorder
- Working collaboratively with the class teacher to adequately plan to ensure the safety of students, in line with risk assessments, while both on and off site
Key Skills Required
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant area of study and/or hold an alternative high level qualification in Education
- Previous experience of working within an education setting, ideally SEN
- Confident to lead and coordinate specific areas of the Key Stage 4 curriculum
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
If you are looking for a new role as a Tutor please apply immediately. In return we offer a salary of £17,768 - £18,446 per annum, depending on experience, plus a range of company benefits.
Options Higford forms part Outcomes First Group who employ approx. 2000 staff at locations throughout the UK and provide a range of education and residential care services to children and adults with autism, complex needs, learning disabilities and social, emotional mental health difficulties.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date