JOB TITLE: Uniformed Services Physical Training Instructor
Grade and Salary: Grade 2 £18,933 - £20,092
Actual salary £6,485 - £6,882 per annum
Working pattern: 0.4 of full time (2 days per week), 39 weeks per year (term time)
Contract term: Permanent
Location: Ashfield School, Sutton Road, Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottingham, NG17 8HP
Ashfield School is rightly proud of its strong reputation for the high standards of teaching, behaviour, and academic achievement. One of the largest school’s in England, our ethos is to support, inspire and challenge people to give of their best in our safe, happy and ambitious learning and working environment.
A Physical Training Instructor is required to join our successful Vocational Studies faculty. The role will be responsible for supporting learning within the fitness training aspect of the Uniformed Services course.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, resourceful, and keen to ensure that the highest possible standards of student achievement, personal development and well-being are achieved. This post would be suitable for someone who has personal training or military/civilian uniformed experience (instructing drill would be an advantage) and is suitably qualified in physical training to level 3 or higher. Qualified teacher status is not essential. The post holder must possess the personal qualities and standards associated with the uniformed services together with the ability to lead by example and exceed the physical standards expected of those they are leading. The person must be a role model for the careers that students are aspiring to.
Why join us?
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. This Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for staff. We are easily reached by public transport, and for those who drive, there is a large free staff carpark. We have some excellent facilities for staff and our students really want to learn and achieve.
• Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities.
• Free car parking.
• An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
• Entry to a career average pension scheme.
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
• Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
• A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
The closing date for applications is: Friday 16 April 2021
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years