We are seeking a dynamic and committed University and Careers Counsellor to join us for the Academic Year in 2021-2022. Over the past five years RAK Academy Family of Schools has grown significantly and our reputation for developing academic achievement and is well known as one of the international school of choice in Ras Al Khaimah.
As a University and Careers Counsellor within RAK Academy, you will serve as an integral part of the student journey through the development and implementation of the university and careers program. This role is pivotal in supporting students by engaging all relevant stakeholders in providing programming and services to students in order to ensure individual pathway development and entitlement for all students to support future goals. The University and Careers Counsellor will support the school in sourcing appropriate work experience opportunities giving students a greater understanding of their career pathways and options.
• Develop and embed the Gatsby Benchmarks of Good Career Guidance into RAK Academy.
• Educate students, parents and staff on the university admissions process, trends, procedures and admissions testing.
• Support students through application reviews and submission, university essay support, career planning and finding best university fit; including at times of official results release outside of term dates.
• To be familiar with University options to support specific career pathways and be familiar with application processes for universities worldwide to guide students through proper completion of application systems.
• Utilise up-to-date student achievement data, ensure accurate student records in university application systems and to maintain accurate, up-to-date records of admission decisions, statistics and data.
• Write official school recommendations for Grade 12 students and for younger students (if applicable) and support the teacher recommendation process by sharing timelines and providing guidance as needed
• Ensure accurate and professional transcripts are provided in a timely manner through systemised processes.
• Support final admissions processes for students upon release of exam results during the summer holiday, liaising with the Education Office and Head of School.
• Provide accurate information regarding tests such as ACT, PSAT/SAT, LNAT, UCAT, Cambridge Assessments, TOEFL, IELTS and UKVI and support testing as necessary.
• Advise students on appropriate and relevant extracurricular activities, especially during school breaks, and to advertise information on reputable summer school programmes, experiences and internships.
• Organise individual and group university visits, university fairs and workshops for parents, students and the community both virtually and physically.
• Develop a RAK Academy alumni programme and encourage continued RAK Academy alumni connections.
• Develop a sustainable internship and work experience programme across RAK Academy.
• Develop industry partnerships to foster innovation in collaboration between RAK Academy schools and businesses.
• Attend conferences and visit university campuses as necessary to maintain up to date knowledge of trends in higher education in systems throughout the world.
The school offers:
- Tax-free salary including housing allowance.
- Annual travel allowance for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Medical insurance for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Visas for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Free education for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Access to our professional development opportunities.
To apply for this position please use 'QUICK APPLY'
RAK Academy Family of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must have undergone a child protection screening to receive an offer of employment. You will be required to provide a Police Verification Check from your home country along with attestation of your qualifications’ and personal documents e.g. Degree, Marriage Certificate etc. The list of checks will be provided to candidates shortlisted for an interview.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
RAK Academy reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.
Due to the expected high levels of interest in positions, only candidates selected for a first interview will be contacted within fourteen (14) days of the closing date for applications.
United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
RAK Academy is an independent, co-educational international family of schools, situated in beautiful Ras Al Khaimah (RAK), the northernmost emirate of the UAE. Just one hour’s drive from Dubai International Airport and 20 minutes’ drive from Ras Al K...