ISR International School on the Rhine is a leading international IB World school in the Neuss, Düsseldorf and Cologne region in Germany. With employees from over 25 countries, ISR’s staff is international, open-minded and highly dedicated to their work. There are about 900 students from 45 nations attending Kindergarten through Grade 12.
We are looking for a full-time University and Career Counsellor, to start as soon as possible.
Candidates should have:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of five years’ experience in university and college counselling
• In-depth knowledge of the UK higher education system, including the admissions process, admissions testing options and scholarship opportunities
• Substantial experience of supporting applicants to highly selective UK universities and colleges
• Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to write compelling letters of recommendation and advise students on writing essays and other application materials
• Strong verbal communication skills, and experience of planning and conducting training sessions, workshops and seminars
• Willingness to plan, organize and lead visits to universities and higher education fairs in Germany and abroad (typically the Netherlands, UK and US)
• Willingness to work collaboratively as part of a team of university and career counsellors
• Goal-oriented, motivated and with attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills, with a high degree of empathy and sensitivity to individual students’ needs and aspirations
• Willingness to participate in the ISR School community, including attending occasional evening and weekend events
• Experience of working in an international school
• Familiarity with the IB Diploma Programme
• Knowledge of higher education systems and admissions processes in other countries, particularly the UK, Canada and the Netherlands
Only candidates having appropriate qualifications will be considered.
Interested candidates are requested to send a letter of application and CV by email. Please be aware that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
ISR International School on the Rhine gGmbH
c/o: Ms Lohau Fischer
For more information about the school check: www.isr-school.de