ST MEWAN PRIMARY SCHOOL
UPPER KS2 TEACHING ASSISTANT (REF:STM047)
Start 1st November 25 hours a week, permanent, term time only + 2 Insert days
Starting salary £10,041 per annum
Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT) is seeking to appoint an energetic and enthusiastic teaching assistant, ideally with experience in Upper Key Stage Two (Year 5 or Year 6). We offer a friendly working environment with fantastic pupils and a supportive school community. The ideal candidate would also have experience of Read, Write, Inc and the FreshStart programme but training can be given for the right person.
If you can fulfil the criteria below, we would LOVE to receive your application!
• at least 1 years’ experience of working with primary school pupils
• NVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualification or experience
• At least Maths and English GCSEs or equivalent at grade C or above
• the ability to work supportively with parents to meet the needs of pupils
• excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
• competency in ICT skills
• a competent working knowledge of safeguarding procedures and Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021
• a positive attitude and willingness to make a significant contribution to the school
• a creative and flexible approach to problem solving
• an ability to be adaptable and manage your own time effectively
• a positive outlook
Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT), a family of Cornish Primary and Secondary Schools, with a strategic vision of ‘learning together to help every child achieve more’. This is an exciting time to join our large, dynamic Trust, which is responsible for educating learners across four secondary schools, one junior school and nine primary schools.
Application forms and full details are available to download from www.celtrust.org / www.tes.com or, alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications by CV, letter or social media alone will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 23rd September at 9am
Interviews to be held: Tuesday 5th October
Cornwall Education Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to the satisfactory completion of safer recruitment checks and references including an enhanced DBS check.
St Mewan Community Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years