Gloucestershire Professional Services (GPS) is recruiting an experienced Communication Interaction Practitioner to join their specialist provision ‘Harbour House’ based at Alexandra Warehouse in Gloucester.
The purpose of this role is to assist the academic staff in ensuring that the maximum potential of students with severe learning difficulties is achieved; through additional learning support being offered to them through holistic communication interaction interventions.
Please review the Job Description to find out more about this role and apply online to join our team.
As a SEND Communication Interaction Practitioner, you will:
• Create and manage individualised intervention plans to support the development of student’s communication needs.
• Set up and monitor intervention programmes to be delivered through the curriculum for tutors and support staff and provide support and training if required.
• Plan and deliver individual and group interventions.
• Deliver effective and efficient support to ensure that the educational needs of the students within Harbour House are met.
Skills and Experience:
• Previous experience of providing interventions for children with a range of communication and interaction difficulties
• GCSE English and mathematics (or equivalent) at grade C or above
• A strong commitment to principles and practice of equal opportunities and SEND Code of Practice
• Proven IT skills
A career with us means much more than just a salary - we know that our people are our greatest asset. Working with committed colleagues, we also offer an attractive benefits package.
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years