VARIABLE HOURS GOAL KEEPING COACH
(2 hours per week, 36 weeks, Term Time Only)
We are looking for Variable Hours Lecturer – Goal Keeping Coach to support the learning of students in scheduled classes and to undertake related professional duties.
A relevant degree or professional qualification is required. Applicants without any qualifications but with substantial experience teaching their subject area may be considered. An appropriate teaching qualification or commitment to obtaining the qualification within the specified time period.
This position will be based at Rayners Lane.
Salary: £20.22 per hour
Application forms are available from the Stanmore College website, www.stanmore.ac.uk or telephone 020 8420 7840.
Closing date for applications is Thursday, 16th September 2021
Interviews will be held on – to be announced
1. Assist in planning and delivering a well-balanced and co-ordinated goalkeeping programme in conjunction with the Head Coach and other Coaches.
2. To prepare schemes of work and maintain such records as appropriate and directed.
3. To contribute learning materials and assignments to the collective learning resources of the College.
4. To undertake detailed assessment and maintain other records as required.
5. To mark registers, monitor student attendance and complete registration requirements.
6. To participate in the College’s quality assurance procedures as directed.
7. To contribute to the action planning of students and provide interim and end of year reports as requested.
8. To provide pastoral support.
9. To take responsibility for health and safety, equal opportunities and data protection within the scope of the post.
10. Conducting research and analysing previous games to develop game plans, tactics, techniques, formations, and strategies.
11. Organising and scheduling trials and shortlisting potential players.
12. Determining individual player abilities, strengths, and weaknesses, and factoring these into the gameplay and strategy sessions.
13. Ensuring the football field is available for practice sessions and that players show up on time.
14. Establishing rules and regulations and ensuring players are familiar with them.
15. Organising team building sessions and activities off the field.
16. Fostering good sportsmanship in all team players, resolving disputes, and addressing bad behaviour in a timely manner.
17. Identifying exceptional players who might be scouted for scholarships and to play in professional leagues.
18. Ensuring all sports equipment is available and in working order.
19. Undertake daily training sessions and manage/assist during match days.
20. To participate in subject, course team and curriculum meetings and reviews, for which additional payment will be made.
21. This position will be based at Rayners Lane.
The postholder can be required to work at any site on which the College may operate and to carry out any other duties consistent with the grade of the post.
This job description is current at the date shown below. In consultation with the postholder, it is liable to variation by management within a reasonable timescale to reflect or anticipate changes in or to the job.
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years