Smart Teachers is recruiting for a VCE EAL and English Teacher to join a highly reputable, international school located in China. This is a 12 month position that can be renewed each academic year. The contract will commence in September, 2017. Successful candidates will benefit from 1 return economy airfare to China for the commencement and conclusion of your contract. There is a 30kgs luggage allowance to assist with relocation as well as airport transfers. Further specifics of the role will be provided to suitable candidates.
About the Role:
- Secondary Teacher
- Located in China
- VCE EAL (equivalent to Key Stage 5)
- VCE English (equivalent to Key Stage 5)
- Full-time position to commence September, 2017
- 1 year fixed term contract, renewable
- Job Reference: #TES1704-159153KG
About the School:
- Coeducational international secondary school catering for students in VCE (Ages 16-18)
- Opportunity for permanency
- Paid holidays according to the Chinese school calendar
- Retainer bonus, paid upon completion of the second each year of continuous service
- The school offers free fully furnished studio on campus, and the school will also pay the water, electricity and internet fees in the studio.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria;
- Possess relevant tertiary qualifications in education
- Hold a teaching qualification recognised in Australia
- Must be registered or eligible for registration with the Victorian Institute of Teachers
- Be willing to contribute to co-curricular life and the school community
- Must be respectful of the school values and ethos
- Possess and provide appropriate reference details and police clearances
- Be committed to an overseas move of at least 12 months (ideally those seeking a more long term change)
- Knowledge of the VCE EAL curriculum and experience teaching VCE EAL
- A demonstrated capacity to provide exemplary teaching characterised by enthusiasm, a desire for improvement, a commitment to excellence and a high level of written, verbal and communication skills, patience, warmth, empathy and interest in students’ academic and emotional wellbeing.
- Experience teaching non English speaking students and possess a knowledge and respect of other cultures is advantageous
The Benefits of Working with Smart:
We are a dedicated education recruitment agency that works closely with the independent and Catholic Schools across Australia sourcing talented teachers, leaders and support staff to fill a range of permanent and long term contract roles. We are a company of teachers who are passionate about facilitating the perfect match between school and candidate. We are honest, realistic, and above all we will not waste your time. To find out more about Smart please visit our website
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in Australia and meet all national safeguarding criteria. To apply please send your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number #TES1704-159153KG
Please include your visa status on your CV or if you hold an Australian or New Zealand passport. Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £100 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and conditions apply).
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Please note that your details will not be sent to any school without your consent nor any referees listed on your CV contacted without your permission.