Closing Date: 9:00am Friday 22nd February 2019
Salary: L20 – L24
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent from Easter or September 2019
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding and inspirational Vice Principal with a proven track record of rapidly and sustainably raising standards at academy wide level. The post will lead on one of the following key areas:
- Teaching and Learning
- Academic Outcomes
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a dynamic senior leader with a relentless obsession for rapidly improving standards;
- Have a track record of delivering clear impact at whole school level and have the ambition and drive to secure a Principal/Head of School role within 24 months;
- Bring an unwavering commitment to promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning across the Academy;
- Have the ability to engage, inspire and build excellent relationships with both students and staff;
- Be committed to Clacton Coastal Academy's ethos of high expectations and no excuses;
- Have a true growth mind set and solid work ethic;
- Has the knowledge and experience of the context in which Clacton Coastal Academy operates;
- Have a strong set of leadership competencies which enable them to effectively challenge, hold to account and support the teams they lead to deliver impact.
We advise you to come in and speak with the Executive Principal to discuss the above and shape the next stage of your career. We have set the deadline within February half term to give candidates ample time to review the vacancy, research and visit the Academy, and then apply.
Interviews are scheduled to take place w/c 25th February 2019
To find out more: Please contact the Executive Principal directly by email email@example.com to arrange a ‘phone call or visit’, to discuss the Academy’s journey, to discuss the post and to discuss the next stage of your career development
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. To apply, click on the ‘quick apply’ button.
About Clacton Coastal Academy and the AET Trust
The Academy is on an accelerated journey of improvement under the leadership of a Principal and new Executive Principal.
January 2019 has seen the launch of new key school improvement systems:
- New behaviour system
- New rewards system
- New uniform policy
- New conduct card system (corridor conduct, punctuality and homework)
- New approach to Teaching and Learning
The aim is for Clacton Coastal Academy to achieve ‘Good’ by September 2020 in its next full section 5 OFSTED inspection. The Academy was judged to ‘Require Improvement’ in March 2018.
Please visit our website: https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/clacton-coastal-academy
The Executive Principal is also the Principal of Kingswood Academy (Hull): http://www.thekingswoodacademy.org/
Academies Enterprise Trust: https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/home
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.