EtonHouse International Education Group
The EtonHouse International Education Group is headquartered in Singapore with 100 schools in over 12 countries. Together these schools provide high quality education to over 15000 children globally. Over the last 21 years, EtonHouse has been at the forefront of international education offering innovative pre-schools and K-12 schools across Asia.
In the early years, an inquiry-based “Inquire-Think-Learn” curriculum, inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach is followed. In the primary, secondary and high school, EtonHouse offers the globally recognized International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme and IGCSE qualifications. There are 9 IB schools in the EtonHouse family.
Corporate Website: http://www.etonhouse.com.sg/
We are looking for an outstanding and inspirational Vice Principal to join our team for August 2018. The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting the school’s Vision and Mission, its values and all policies and practices. They will deputize for the Principal as required and assist in designing, implementing and reviewing the school’s educational strategy. They will have extensive knowledge of current best practice and innovation and possess outstanding interpersonal and coaching skills. We are looking for someone with significant leadership experience and skills, an outstanding teacher/leader with drive and dynamism, who will be ready to take over the full leadership, as Principal, of the school in 2-5 years. The post of Vice Principal mirrors the role of the Principal.
Responsible to: the Principal in the execution of professional duties and responsibilities and other duties as required.
This role is a non-class teaching position. However, there will be some teaching duties such as providing release time for Coordinators.
Job Role and Responsibilities
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The strategic direction and development of the school
- The quality of teaching and learning
- The development of the staff and team through effective leadership and coaching
- Managing the day-to-day running of the school to ensure Broadrick is an exciting place to learn and one which develops students’ confidence, capabilities and internationalism.
Other responsibilities will be negotiated according to the school’s needs and the applicant’s expertise.
Strategic Direction and Development
- Be an integral part in leading the vision, ethos and policies which secures effective teaching and successful learning and promotes high levels of confidence, capabilities and internationalism
- Help lead and manage the creation and implementation of the School Development Plan which identifies priorities and targets, increasing teachers’ effectiveness and to take responsibility for appropriately delegated aspects of it
- Establish the climate and policies through which the school’s mission can be attained
- Take a lead role in enhancing standards of teaching and learning and value enthusiasm and innovation in others
- Lead on curriculum development in liaison with the Primary Years IB and Secondary Years Coordinators.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with parents, carers, outside agencies and the local and international community.
- Engage in the process of appointing new staff including the interview process.
Teaching and Learning:
- Undertake an appropriate teaching commitment and be one of our most effective and inspirational teachers
- Liaise with all teachers to ensure pupils experience a programme in line with the International Baccalaureate that is personalized to their particular needs
- Act as a role model for other teachers, modelling effective strategies in all aspects of school life
- Monitor, evaluate and report on teaching and learning
- Ensure that the curriculum is rich, vibrant, reflects the many different facets of our community and prepares pupils for the transition to older years
- Liaise with other schools and providers to ensure continuity of support and learning when ?transferring pupils into or from the school
Recording and Assessment:
- Monitor the effectiveness of assessment procedures
- Monitor teaching, planning, feedback opportunities, attendance, progress and attainment of students
- Monitor pupils’ standards and achievement against relevant benchmarks
- Play a lead part in the life of Broadrick to support its mission and values and lead staff, pupils, parents and carers to follow this example
- Have oversight of professional development across the whole school, working with teams and individuals to develop training opportunities and ensure good practice is developed and shared
- Manage delegated budgets effectively
- Line manage members of the teaching staff and other support staff as appropriate
- Monitor progress, analysing results and taking appropriate action and coaching, including liaising with the Leadership Team
- Ensure effective recruitment, deployment and impact of relevant staff
- Inspire confidence in teaching and support staff and disseminate good practice
- Demonstrate the confidence and ability to make management and organisational decisions with a collaborative mindset
- Take responsibility for securing an attractive, effective and safe learning environment
- Work to ensure the health, safety and welfare of staff and students
- Attend, lead (as appropriate) and participate in open evenings, curriculum and community events and student performances
- Be responsible for the smooth day to day running of the school
- Take the lead in line managing staff and developing coaching to support improvement and development
- Support developing leaders provision, ensuring that all leaders are effectively supported
Maintenance and Professional Standards:
- Keep fully appraised and aware of educational and other appropriate developments international or national, and assess their impact on the school
- Ensure the highest standards of professional conduct and confidentiality at all times
- Ensure the development and maintenance of a team culture that enables all members of the team to be effective in their respective roles
- Undertake performance appraisal in line with the policy, both as a appraiser and appraise
- Ensure the development and maintenance of a collaborative culture which demonstrates loyalty and ?integrity towards all staff
- Undertake any other reasonable professional tasks as directed by the Principal
- Graduate (with a good degree) plus formal Teaching Qualification or other relevant professional studies
- Minimum 5 years’ of relevant teaching experience within a culturally and linguistically diverse environment
- Significant leadership experience and skills
- Evidence of leading, supporting and managing others, both individuals and teams
- Experience of delivering high quality training to teaching staff
- Ability to provide professional leadership and management of a large staff team and contribute to the work of other teams to secure high quality teaching
- Recent experience of involvement in innovative curriculum development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and experience of presenting to a wide audience
- Experience of using coaching as a model for ensuring on-going professional development.
- Ability to motivate, support and encourage staff through a collaborative approach
- Must have, or be willing to obtain, current criminal police clearance from their home country and last country of employment
Remuneration package includes a competitive salary based on relevant years of teaching experience. A living allowance which includes housing will be provided alongside with airfare and shipping allowances. Medical insurance coverage will also be provided to teachers and eligible dependants
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a cover letter with updated resume to the EtonHouse Group Human Resources Department email@example.com
You may also contact EtonHouse International Education Group HR Team at +65 6229 5761