We are looking for an exceptional qualified teacher with a flair for leadership to work alongside our Principal and join our outstanding team as Vice Principal.
You will have a wealth of opportunities to develop as a leader with the Harris Federation. We can offer you a range of bespoke courses and qualifications through our Teaching School, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQH for aspiring principals.
Succession planning is a key part of our success as a Federation, and we believe that we are at the forefront of developing the next generation of Leaders. We can help prepare you for your next Senior Leadership challenge, investing in your knowledge and expertise through regular support, coaching and a wide range of professional development and training.
What we are looking for:
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. In choosing a Vice Principal, we will be looking for someone who:
- Holds QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree;
- Is an excellent practitioner;
- Is able to model and disseminate high quality teaching and learning;
- Has high expectations of staff and pupils as well as themselves;
- Is committed to achieving the best outcomes for all pupils;
- Is innovative, highly motivated and eager to take a lead;
- Is committed to on-going professional development;
- Is willing to contribute to the wider life at the academy;
- Has strong interpersonal skills and is able to work well as part of our Leadership team.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- A network of fellow senior leaders and Principals with a wealth of knowledge and expertise
- Support and mentoring from some of the best executive leaders in education
- Unrivalled opportunities for leadership progression and preparing you for your first Principalship
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Plus, the opportunity to work with our amazing children!
About Harris Junior Academy Carshalton
Harris Junior Academy Carshalton is a three-form entry school in the London borough of Sutton, educating children between the ages of seven and 11. The academy has a simple, fundamental philosophy: that the school should be a calm and caring learning community in which everyone feels safe, happy and valued.
Why work at Harris Junior Academy Carshalton?
- Children who bring a wonderful amount of energy and enthusiasm to the school, and who are kind, caring, self-assured and eager to learn
- A team of expert teaching and support staff who believe all children can achieve to a high standard
- A strong relationship with parents, carers and the local community
- A community school ethos with all the advantages of a successful academy group, including a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Junior Academy Carshalton are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 0208 647 7324 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation.
The Harris Federation
The Harris Federation is the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. We have an established reputation in transforming education in London and an unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Harris is a Federation and not a chain; each academy is different, reflecting the particular aspirations and leadership style of its Principal. Our vision is that Harris academies work collaboratively in sharing school improvement strategies, and support one another as part of the wider Harris Federation.
We look for talented leaders who want to help transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.