This is a great opportunity to work in a forward thinking and well established independent 5-day week residential special school that is committed to achieving the maximum academic, social and personal progress for all pupils.
Farney Close School wishes to appoint an outstanding individual to take on the role of Vice Principal with responsibility for providing high-quality special education and care provision across the school.
The School is a very positive environment where the emphasis is on encouraging all aspects of pupil development, learning and growth. The school supports boys and girls aged 9 to 18 years, who have social, emotional, behavioural and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Also, some of the pupils may have their wellbeing affected by Asperger or Tourettes Syndrome, moderate learning difficulties, Dyslexia or speech and language difficulties.
The successful candidate will:
- Support the Principal and Governing Body in providing effective, professional and visionary leadership for the school
- Possess a relevant teaching qualification
- Be a dynamic leader of both the education and residential care teams.
- Display leadership within an environment that meets the needs of children with social, emotional and mental health needs.
- Has a commitment to working collaboratively with all staff to inspire, enable and empower them to achieve high standards within an educational environment.
- Recognises the importance of balancing education, care and therapy to ensure that that our young people achieve the very best of which they are capable of.
We are seeking to appoint to this new position a person who:
- Has the ability to communicate effectively and work with pupils with special educational needs and disabilities and their families.
- Offers excellent knowledge and understanding of measuring the impact of the quality of teaching and learning in respect of attainment and progress.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and a good sense of humour.
- Demonstrable commitment to collaborative team working
- Has a high degree of empathy with the purpose of Farney Close School
- Can act as lead duty person one evening a week and participate in any additional cover arrangements where necessary
Farney Close is near the village of Bolney, being 36 miles south of London, 11 miles north of Brighton and just 30 miles from Chichester. It is set in 36 acres of beautiful countryside close to an excellent road network.
Farney Close is an equal opportunities employer and is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be able to provide evidence of having the right to live and work in the UK and will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal background check from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
We look forward to your application.
Please download further details of the position from our website:
Apply online with a CV and application form addressing the person specification. For an informal confidential discussion call Richard Evans on 07958 984161 or 020 3126 4858.
To find out more: www.farneyclose.co.uk