Please see the detailed job description which is attached.
The ideal candidate:
- Qualified to degree or diploma level in Music
- Able to play the clarinet to a high standard
- A skilled teacher using a variety of repertoire to promote enjoyment of the clarinet
- Able to prepare pupils for exams, external competitions and auditions
- Able to communicate efficiently and maintain good relationships with parents
- Patient, friendly and approachable
Abingdon-on-Thames is an historic, modern market town situated eight miles to the south of Oxford, with its world renowned reputation as a centre of academic excellence. The town has a lively community and has undergone recent development to upgrade the central shopping area. There are a good selection of restaurants, cafes and bars situated a just few minutes walk away from the river and gardens of Abbey Meadows. The town supports a mixed and international community and has excellent bus links to Oxford which is just a 15 minute ride away and provides a wealth of social and cultural opportunities.
How to apply:
Applications should be made on a school application form which can be accessed via the TES or school websites. Please complete the application form in full leaving no gaps in your employment history. In the interests of fairer and safer recruiting we do not accept CV applications.
Application deadline: Noon, Monday 18 June 2018
Early applications are encouraged as applications will be considered as they are received.
Further details can be found on the school website at www.olab.org.uk