Position: Visual Arts and English Teacher
Commencing Date: Term 2, 2021
Classification: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract
Salary Range: $73,629 - $106,045 per annum pending experience
Closing Date: Sunday, 11 April 2021 unless filled prior
St Catherine's Catholic College, The Whitsundays is a Prep to Year 12 co-educational college, established by the Sisters of Mercy in 1925. The impressive campus also boasts an onsite Kindy. The college has vibrant, modern and innovative facilities that create inspired learning spaces for students both within the classroom and outside, allowing teachers to use the right strategies at the right time for their class.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff is recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
About the role
St Catherine's Catholic College, The Whitsundays is seeking an experienced and dedicated Visual Arts and English Teacher. This role is a Full Time, Fixed Term Contract position for the remainder of the 2021 Teaching Year. The role will be based at the Manresa Secondary Campus. Candidates willing to teach The Arts across all year levels (P-12) will be highly regarded.
To join in this vibrant school community, you'll need
- Innovative, proactive and flexible approach to student learning
- Established knowledge of, and experience in, curriculum initiatives
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication and collaboration with students, parents and staff
- Current Queensland College of Teaching Registration or ability to obtain before commencement
What we offer
- Competitive Salary starting:$73,629 - $106,045 per annum pending experience
- 4 Weeks Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Salary packaging options
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (in a co-contribution arrangement)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
- Well-being programs and initiatives
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
Please see the Position Description for more information.
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 4pm Sunday, 11 April 2021 unless filled prior.
Diocese of Townsville Catholic Education