Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced Visual Arts and Media Teacher to join a good comprehensive school in Greenwich (SE15). This school offers fantastic art facilities to students from KS3 through to KS5. This position is a full time maternity contract starting end of February with a possibility to start earlier! There is a chance that the role will continue into 2019 depending on the teachers return.
About the Role
· Visual Arts and Media teacher
· Maternity contract
· Starts February 2018
· Full time position
· Minimum daily rate of £140 (depending on experience)
About the School
· A very large 11-18 comprehensive school, which has around 2000 pupils
· Ofsted rating ‘Good’
· School focuses on teaching students about character and values
· Have distinct provision for deaf students and those with autism and language impairment (SCALI)
· Students come to their sixth form from a wide range of schools including grammar and fee-paying schools
· Fantastic art facilities across KS3 – KS5
· Closest station is Kidbrooke
In order to be considered for this role, the Visual Arts and Media teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number KXP21623.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.