We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated Teacher to join our small school community. This is a part time fixed term position specialising in the visual arts curriculum. The preferred working day is Monday.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Ensure that the teachings and values of the Catholic Church form a foundation for learning and teaching,
• Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices,
• Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Proven organisational skills,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles.
Applicants are required to address these points in the "Letter of Application" section of the on-line application form.
Our Lady of Dolours School is a primary educational community teaching, learning, thinking and acting with the Compassion, Justice and Wisdom of Christ so we can fully live, love and learn in communion with our ever-changing world. We are a small school set on a small yet welcoming site in Mitchelton, with an enrolment of over 180 students. We are an inclusive school catering for a variety of educational needs. We seek to co-operate, collaborate and treat others with kindness and compassion; inquire, think and be creative; and are active learners who strive to make a difference in the world.
Visit school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2021
Employment Tenure: Part Time (Term Time) + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): For the 2021 School Year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required: 5 hrs per week
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Brett Kitchener
Contact Telephone Number: 33557763
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 15-Jan-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education