Weekend Animal Keeper
Reference Number: SCCG2207
Salary: £5,665 - £6,254 (a pro-rata of £17,467 - £19,285)
Number of Positions: 2
Advert Closing Date: Midnight Monday 24th May 2021
Interview Date: 7th June 2021
Location: Eccles Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per Week: 12 hrs per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for two part-time weekend Animal Keepers to join this expanding, successful and highly motivated team. This is an exciting time to join the Life Sciences Department at Eccles Sixth Form College, as we develop our already extensive animal collection and move towards full zoo accreditation.
The successful applicants will have knowledge and experience of practical husbandry, health and welfare of a range of animals. You will be responsible for assisting with the day to day husbandry of all the animals at Eccles Sixth Form College.
Candidates should have knowledge and experience of working with a variety of different animals. You will be well motivated as you support the physical and outdoors work of our small team, responsive to change and innovative with good communication skills. The role requires flexibility and commitment as you will be required to work weekends.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
Reason to Join Us:
• A range of developmental & career opportunities
• A number of optional Salary Sacrifice Schemes including IT Equipment, Childcare Vouchers & Bikes
• Staff Benefits Package with the best discounts and fabulous savings from high-street retailers, holidays and cinemas
• Various health & wellbeing benefits including discounted gym memberships, confidential staff counselling via CareFirst and health cash plans
• Family Friendly & Flexible Working Policies
Commitment to Safeguarding
As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees.
Eccles Sixth Form College
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16+ years
Beacons of educational excellence, transforming the lives of individuals and communities
It is great that you are considering joining us so let’s tell you a little bit more about the benefits of working for us!