We are looking for a committed, outstanding Welfare Officer/Admin Assistant to provide health and first-aid provision for the students and staff at the school.
The successful candidate would also be required to provide support to the school’s busy front office at the beginning and end of the school day. The successful candidate will act as the first point of call for all health and first aid provisions. This is a term time only post, working from 8:30 - 4:30pm, 5 days a week.
Responsibilities will include:
• Provide emergency and routine first-aid treatment for students, staff and visitors
• Deal with emergency health related incidents and report them accordingly
• Administer prescribed medicines in line with parental consent and with the appropriate documentation completed
• Liaise with outside organisations regarding immunisations, dental inspections, etc therefore an ability to interact professionally on a number of levels is important.
• Undertake reporting of all treatment and visits to the welfare room, in line with the school’s and local authority reporting processes
• Provide support to the busy front office during the beginning, end of the school day and at any other times as necessary
• Undertaking typing, word-processing, spreadsheets, databases and other IT- based tasks.
• Administer payments for school trips, meals, clubs and other purchases on Parentpay
• Assist with arrangements for school trips and events
The Welfare Officer/Administration Assistant role is varied and interesting. For further details, please refer to the Job Description.
We are looking for an individual who can share the founding vision and ethos for Preston Park, (please visit the school and look on the school’s website). Must be excited by the chance to contribute to Preston Park Primary and driven to do what it takes to succeed. The individual should:
• Have a good knowledge of first aid procedures and hold a current valid first aid certificate.
• also have grade C or above GCSE or equivalent qualification in English and Maths
• Be educated to at least NVQ level 2 or able to demonstrate an equivalent level of attainment through experience.
• Be computer literate and able to operate a range of basic resources and equipment, including computers and photocopiers.
• Be able to absorb and understand a wide range of information and have the patience and ability to converse with parents and children whose first language is not English.
• Be able to work flexibly and part of a team.
Preston Park is a thriving four form entry, fully inclusive and diverse community school set in the heart of Wembley, Brent. At Preston park we are proud to educate children from all over the world, bringing ‘one world under one roof’ for truly inspirational learning experiences. Teaching and learning is at the heart of everything we do at Preston Park.
We are committed to ensuring that children achieve excellence, enjoy their time at school and develop into confident, resilient and independent learners. Our school is well resourced with rich indoor and outdoor learning environments comprising of bright classrooms, spacious playgrounds, wildlife nature reserve and a sensory quad area.
Preston Park are looking to become a recognised school leading on STEAM, Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths. Preston Park’s approach to learning is through a creative curriculum and the school has specialist teachers in Science, Music, Art and Modern Foreign Languages who provide PPA cover to our teachers.
Visits to the school are welcomed please call Jayashri Varsani on 020 8904 3602 to arrange your visit. Please fill out Brent’s application form (CV’s are not accepted) and forward to the school or email it to email@example.com
Closing Date: Tuesday 17th April 2018 @ 12:00 noon
Interviews: Friday 27th April 2018
Brent Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.