Westminster International School in Tashkent [WIST] is a newly established school. It opened in collaboration with Westminster International University in Tashkent [WIUT] the first international University in Uzbekistan, established 2002.
WIST is housed in a purpose built, British designed landmarked building in the city of Tashkent. We opened our doors in September 2019, with less than 50 students, but we have expanded rapidly and we expect student numbers in excess of 300 for August 2020, growing to a full capacity of 2,000 by 2025.
WIST has already made its mark in Tashkent as an international school and our ambition is to be a market leader in school education within Central Asia. We have state-of-the art world-class teaching and learning facilities and a magnificent new campus.
The curriculum is International with, IEYC and the IPC in Primary and the IMYC and IB Programme in Secondary. All teaching is in English with supplementary and complementary language support for non-native English speakers.
We are ambitious to build our reputation and, as a result of our rapid and continuing expansion, we are looking to employ teachers with the experience, skills and commitment to inspire our students to achieve and be the best they can be. Candidates should be enthusiastic, adaptable and highly committed. The school is new and applicants should be keen to contribute to the development and realization of the ambitions for the school, while making the most of all opportunities for professional and personal growth.
We welcome applications from both newly qualified and experienced teachers. Teachers with experience of our programmes are particularly encouraged to apply. Teachers appointed must be willing to play a full part in the life of the school, including extra-curricular activities.
Tashkent is a rapidly developing city, which offers expatriate teachers a very good standard of living and an opportunity to save. The cost of living is very low and it is easy to settle into life and work here. At the heart of the Great Silk Road, Uzbekistan is opening up to visitors and the tourism sector is expanding rapidly. The country offers excellent opportunities for internal tourism, outdoor pursuits, including skiing, hiking and related activities. It is also a good hub to explore the wider international region and has direct flights to many major cities.
Initial interviews will be done via video conference and face-to-face interviews will take place in London and Dubai for specific positions. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as offers may be made to outstanding colleagues before the deadline date.
Interested candidates should email a full CV (including photograph) and a covering letter to email@example.com or complete the application form.
REMUNERATION & BENEFITS
* Very competitive tax free salaries based on the WIST salary scale, plus end of service gratuity
* Fully furnished (non-shared) accommodation
* Visa costs covered by the school
* Annual return air ticket from their home country for the teacher and up to three dependents
* 100% discount on School tuition fees for up to two children
* Professional development and training in line with IEYC, IPC, IMYC and IBO requirements
* World class facilities with experienced and committed colleagues
* Excellent health insurance for the teacher, spouse and dependent children under 18 years
* Normal school holiday periods during summer, Christmas and Easter, plus national holidays
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor’s Degree in the related subject, and relevant Teaching Certification/PGCE, or a B.Ed. with the required subject specification
* A minimum of 2 years of teaching experience
* Qualified teachers from the UK, Ireland, the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
* A positive work ethic and a high level of self-motivation; the willingness to act as a role model and mentor to students and colleagues
* Experience of working with EAL/ESL learners in a mixed ability environment
* An excellent grasp of the teaching and learning practices suited to the IEYC, IPC, IMYC or the IB philosophy
* The ability to relate in a positive way and achieve results working with professionals who have been raised in a distinctly different culture
* The ability to complete and finish tasks; a ‘no excuses’ approach
* The positivity, patience, open-mindedness and resilience necessary to thrive in an exciting but very culturally different location
* A commitment to be an excellent ambassador for our school within the wider community
* WIST is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. We seek to employ staff that understand and share this commitment. All candidates must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and obtaining a Police Clearance from the countries that they have worked or resided in for at least the last ten years
* We will require an International Child Protection Certificate for UK applicants and similar documentation from teachers of other nationalities