HD Qingdao, the most recent addition to the Hurtwood House China family of schools, is seeking to appoint an outstanding Music Teacher to work in the secondary school as well as with Key Stage 2 classes. This is a unique opportunity to join a prestigious bilingual school, in an inspiring environment, and with the collegiate support of the Hurtwood House family in China and the UK.
Having opened in August 2018, HD Qingdao is located on a prestigious 70,000m2 site within the City’s new Wanda Oriental Movie Metropolis – a US$7billion development, transforming Qingdao into Shandong’s new economic centre. Designed in the architectural style of a traditional British boarding school, HD Qingdao is still growing and will accommodate 2,000 students aged 3-18. Like the other schools within the Hurtwood House China family (Beijing, Ningbo & Shanghai), HD Qingdao delivers a unique dual immersion curriculum, blending the best of the Chinese National Curriculum with British education.
The successful candidate will:
- Have subject relevant degree from an established university (required)
- Hold PGCE/QTS or equivalent (required)
- Have least 2 years of full time, school based, teaching experience (required)
- Have an excellent working knowledge of curricula for music (required) – English National Curriculum preferred
- Have high levels of subject knowledge in music (required)
- Be a proficient instrumentalist (required)
- Have experience of working with children in both primary and secondary age groups (required)
- Have experience of working with children who have English as an additional language (desirable)
- Have experience of working in the independent sector (desirable)
• A competitive salary scale based on experience and qualifications
• Comprehensive medical cover for teacher, spouse and dependents
• Annual flights for teacher, spouse and dependents
• Housing allowance
• Relocation allowance
• Full remission for tuition fees of staff children in accordance with HD schools’ policies
How to Apply
For further information about the Group, our School and the role please download the attached information pack and person specification. You can view our introductory video by pasting the link below to your browser -
To apply, please do so via the TES online portal or by sending your CV and a cover letter no longer than one side of A4 to Monika Fryzicka on email@example.com
Preliminary discussions with candidates are ongoing. First round interviews will take place on a rolling basis and early application is therefore advised. Shortlisted candidates will be notified and interviews arranged accordingly.
Hurtwood House China reserves the right to appoint before the closing date.
Please contact Monika Fryzicka on firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions or wish to arrange an informal discussion about this role.
HD Qingdao is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to respect this commitment. The post is subject to an appropriate criminal background check and satisfactory reference checks.
HD Qingdao School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
HD Qingdao opened in August 2018 with the launch of the Primary section of the School with the Secondary phase following in 2020. The School is located on Xingguang Island, in the West Coast area of the City and is part of the new Wanda Oriental Movi...