Strathmore College, Bellringer Road, Trentham Lakes South, Stoke on Trent, ST4 8LJ
Hours 37 hours per week. Term time only.
Strathmore College is seeking a permanent full time Work Coach to work for 40 weeks per year term time only - 38 weeks term time + 2 training weeks.
Strathmore College is a residential and day college in Stoke on Trent. The college provides for learners aged 16-25 years who have learning difficulties, emotional, social and behavioural difficulties/disability. The cohort of learners’ needs include mild to severe learning difficulty/disability, Downs Syndrome, Autistic Spectrum Conditions, speech and language difficulties coupled with other health related, mental or physical difficulties. The learner’s needs are increasingly more complex, with a number of learners who were NEET and those who were finding engaging in education and learning challenging. The College uses meaningful, practical learning activities to engage and motivate learners.
Priory Education and Children’s Services is a leading company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK. With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes we focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
Overall, the role of the Work Coach is to support learners to work effectively in an external working environment by facilitating the learning of work disciplines, routines and personal development in order that the learner maximises their opportunity to gain employment through highly effective support that meets standards.
- Ensure that learners starting point, progress and achievement is recorded and communicated to all relevant parties
- Ensure at all times that the learners are safe, through demonstration of good Health and Safety practices, policies and procedures.
- Ensure that, where appropriate, learners develop the skills to travel to and from work from their home
- Assess learners starting point in the work place, against specified standards set by the employer
- Continuously assess progress and effectively support learners to evaluate their own progress and set next steps
- Review progress on a six weekly basis, ensuring progress reports are completed and supplementary evidence is provided (photographic, videos)
- Ensure end of term and annual review reports are completed and effectively capture the progress and achievement
- Ensure that learners are effectively supported to achieve their goals set out in the ILP; Personal Social Development, Communication, English and Maths
- Continue to assess learners work against the qualification framework, as required
- Liaise with the employer to review the learner’s progress
- Ensure that support and training is of a high quality at all times, through continuous CPD and support through teaching and learning observation process
- Ensure that safeguarding policies and procedures are followed and any areas of concern reported to a Safeguarding Officer.
- Learners are supported to work in line with the employer’s expectations and flexible working hours are required to include evening and weekends.
For further information or an informal chat please call Kelly on 01782 647380.
We want to invest in you and your fut ure! Find out about our career pathways: https://www.priorycareerpathways.com/
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults.
Please be advised that references will be requested prior to interview for all roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer.