POST: Work Coach
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week
SALARY: £26,000 per annum
ANNUAL LEAVE: 25 days + 8 bank holiday days paid holiday
INTRODUCTION TO WHITEHEAD-ROSS EDUCATION AND CONSULTING
Whitehead-Ross Education and Consulting (WREC) is an education and social welfare organisation. Founded in 2012, we deliver a variety of high-quality skills-related programmes and social services provision.
Our programmes include support for unemployed individuals to retrain and secure jobs, vocational training programmes, adult education and social services provision such as support for families who have children with disabilities and parenting support.
With a team of 55 staff, we supported 1,200 individuals across our programmes in 2019/2020 in South Wales, Dorset, Wiltshire and Sussex. Our existing clients include five local authorities, the Department for Work and Pensions, and Education & Skills Funding Agency.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
Our Work Coaches are at the forefront of what we do. We are looking for people who are passionate about making a difference and supporting unemployed individuals back into work.
You will be the first point of contact for jobseekers who are using our service and an integral part of their journey. We are looking for energetic people who can inspire others and make a positive impact on our customers’ futures.
The purpose of the role is to help create opportunities for unemployed jobseekers and support them into sustainable employment. You will provide advice and guidance to support customers at different levels to achieve their goals.
We are looking for people have experience of working in a customer focused targeted role, who have excellent coaching/influencing skills and the ability to show a high level of understanding and motivation.
- Provide information, advice and guidance to customers (jobseekers)
- Deliver support to develop the employability skills of customers, such as developing CVs, providing supported job search and helping in preparing for job interviews
- Manage a caseload of customers to ensure an effective level of activity is undertaken to progress into a positive outcome
- Inspire and motivate customers to achieve their goals
- Adhere to customer service standards to ensure all customers are receiving a consistent service
- Identify and recommend suitable job vacancies and training opportunities
- Identify customer barriers and provide advice and guidance
- Ensure Company compliance measures are met
- Maintain accurate records for each customer
- Achieve required performance expectations
- Work alongside the Employer Engagement Officers to meet the needs of customers and employers in the local area
- Liaise with employers directly to identify any employment opportunities
- Work closely with stakeholders in the area to identify new opportunities
- This is an outline job description designed to give an overview of the responsibilities of the role. We expect the job holder will work flexibly, responding to organisational need and changes as they occur.
Education, Qualification and Training
- Good standard of education with GCSE to grade C or equivalent minimum in English and Maths
- Evidence of continuing professional development (CPD) appropriate to the level and scope of the role
- Relevant training or advice and guidance qualifications
- Knowledge, Skills, Ability and Experience
- Knowledge of recruitment processes and the labour market
- Experience within a customer focused role
- Experience of working in a targeted environment
- Excellent administrative, planning and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to demonstrate excellent influencing/mentoring skills
- Previous experience of working in a Welfare to Work role
Attitude and Behaviours
- Flexible approach to change, innovation and progress in the work environment
- High standard of diplomacy, integrity and reliability
- An energetic approach to delivery
- Open minded and able to embrace change
- Willingness and ability to work occasional unsociable hours when required
- A positive assertive attitude to all aspects of work and development
- Professional, confident and compassionate approach to work
- Resilient with the ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to learn new skills and undertake further study related to role
- Confidence and self-awareness of own limitations and professional boundaries
- Clean driving license and access to own car
- You will require an Enhanced DBS Disclosure for this role, which the Company will pay for
Whitehead Ross Education and Consulting
South Street, Worthing, BN11