As a Work Placement Officer / Assessor, you will promote the value of work experience with students, enhancing progression opportunities and assess students in their place of work and College to meet National Standards; in a range of Health / Health & Social Care and Early Years courses.
This role will involve building strong relationships with employers to explore opportunities for student work placements and liaise on candidate suitability, plan and carry out visits to students on work placement and evaluate work placement impact on student learning, progress and destination.
As a Work Placement Officer / Assessor, you should:
- Hold a Level 3 qualification in Childcare/Early Years
- Have current practical experience in vocational areas
- Hold GCSE A*- C in English and Maths or equivalent (new grading 9 - 4)
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to motivate students
- Evidence of up to date CPD
- The ability to work with employers to grow business
- The ability to make decisions about assessment and interpret awarding body standards
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date: 11.00am on Wednesday 30 May 2018
Interview date: Wednesday 13 June 2018
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.