Wraparound Care Supervisor
Due to growth in popularity of our extended school provision, we are looking for an enthusiastic person who would like to join our friendly and hardworking team as Wrap Around Care Supervisor. This is a new and exciting opportunity for somebody wishing to join out progressive school and team. This is a permanent position for 17.5 hours per week over two shifts – 7.45am – 8.45am and 3.15pm – 5.45pm.
The successful candidate will assist in the supervision of children during the sessions to ensure the general safety, welfare and behaviour management of children during their period of care. You will be responsible for successfully running the wrap around care provisions in the school ensuring all of our children have an enjoyable experience. You will organise and implement a variety of activities (sporting, academic, play) with the children and will also support and assist with breakfast and snack provision. The successful candidate will be motivated and enthusiastic and have previous experience of working with children in a similar setting.
We are looking for someone who:
• Knowledge and understanding of the provision of care of children in the wrap around care environment.
• Level 2 / NVQ in childcare or relevant suitable equivalent qualification.
• Experience of working in an educational context (e.g. school, nursery care)
• Can form positive and caring relationships with children which motivates them to learn, grow and be confident.
• Is kind, friendly and understanding
• The ability to work collaboratively with parents, carers, colleagues and third parties.
• Is a good team player who is willing to contribute to the ethos and wider community of the academy
• Is able to act on their own initiative
• Some experience of monitoring and ordering supplies for the Breakfast/After School Club.
What we can offer:
• Training as appropriate to your needs
• A friendly, supportive and positive team to work in
• A chance to work in our state of the art building and our fabulous outdoor space
West Town is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
To find out more about the post and the future vision for the Academy please ask to speak to Hannah Quinn, Principal or to arrange a visit, Helen Buckley, Office Manager on 01733 852400.
For application details visit our website at www.westtownprimary.org
The closing date for applications is 9am, Monday 27th September 2021 and interview will be held on Friday 1st October 2021.
West Town Primary Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years