Year 1 Learning Support Assistant
Pay £75-£78 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: experience of supporting children with social emotional and mental health challenges.
January 2021 – March 2021
Smart Teachers is recruiting for a hard-working and dedicated Learning Support Assistant to join a professional team of staff at a medium-sized Primary school in the London borough of Waltham Forest. Located towards Upper Waltham Forest, this school is set within private grounds, in a peaceful residential area. Smart Teachers are looking to recruit a Learning support assistant with experience of supporting children with SEMH within Key stage 1 from January 2021 – March 2021, with potential for the role to continue for the remainder of the academic year.
• Learning Support Assistant
• Provide behavioural support for a child within Key Stage 1
• To provide support both in and out of class
• Assist the class teacher with general Teaching Assistant duties
• Two form entry, non-denominational school
• Graded ‘Good’ by OFSTED
• Strong emphasis on literacy, particularly with reading throughout school
• Developing new and interesting ways to ensure achievement is had across the curriculum
• Accessible from Walthamstow central, Leyton, and Highams park stations
• Proven experience as a Teaching Assistant within the UK
• Knowledge of supporting children with behavioural needs
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Learning Support Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our Primary Team on 02039687199 quoting the reference DDSLSA37614.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
- Supply agency