Year 1 Teacher
Pay £135 - £160 per day (Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications). The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are QTS and relevant and recent UK teaching experience.
Fixed term contract from January to July 2021
Smart Teachers are looking to recruit a passionate Year 1 Teacher to join a one-form entry, independent primary school in Hounslow. The school has been rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted with a strong/united leadership team who ensure that all individuals are supported with CPD, encouraging optimal results. This is a fixed term contract starting January until the end of the academic year.
• Year 1 Teacher
• Students are very capable
• Motivated students who thrive off engaging and creative lessons
• Overall good behaviour
• Previous experience within Year 1 and Phonics required
• Knowledge of the KS1 curriculum essential
• Independent School
• Solid relationship with the local community
• Supportive leadership team
• Strong parent partnership
• Situated in Chiswick
• Excellent facilities including Music, Drama and Sports
To be considered for the Year 1 Teaching position, you will:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• Have strong behaviour management skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE online EduCare training package, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Year 1 Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our Primary team on 0207 065 7500 quoting job reference GXS YR1Hounslow1512.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
- Supply agency