St. Andrews Samakee is an inclusive, independent, privately owned, co-educational school that currently caters to children from age 1+ to 14+ years, (Little Learners - Year 9) and draws children from multicultural backgrounds. The school is set in a residential area on the outskirts of Bangkok, Nonthaburi, in close proximity to a large expat community and a range of local amenities. As an expanding school we are making the following appointment for August 2018-2019. Interviews will take place in London in the week beginning March 5th 2018.
Year 1 Teachers
Are you a reflective practitioner, eager to investigate new and creative ways of teaching and learning?
“At St. Andrews Samakee, kids flourish and fulfill their potential. This is because Samakee sets ‘top notch’ academic standards, but this is not the only reason: it is a school with a heart! Every staff member knows you and your child by name and nature. The teachers are cherry picked not only for their teaching skills but also for the ability to nurture highly reflective individuals, support parenting dilemmas and see your child as a whole learner.” Samakee Parent Testimonial.
Do you have the vision to work flexibly with colleagues in a dynamic school that is continually moving forwards?
As we hope our website makes clear, our school’s work has been strongly endorsed by a UK accrediting team and we have been awarded ‘Outstanding School Status’, the first school worldwide to merit such an achievement. In addition to this, we are a BSO (British School Overseas), meaning we are endorsed by the DFE and therefore qualified to employ and mentor newly qualified teachers to complete their NQT year. As a truly inclusive and child-centred school, we welcome children of all abilities and are able to offer a range of support services including EAL & SEN, specialist therapists, Learning Support Assistants as well as highly differentiated mainstream classrooms and individualised programmes when required. Another key feature of the school’s philosophy is it’s commitment to outdoor learning and the environment. As a soon to be certified Forest School, learning outside the classroom, is a prominent part of our curriculum. The school is immensely proud of it’s very own on-site farm where children immerse themselves in various projects, tend the animals, plant and grow food plants and then harvest and eat what they have grown. It follows that only teachers with a similar degree of conviction will find our school attractive.
- The opportunity to join an outstanding international school accredited by EDT (Education Development Trust) as a gold standard establishment for two consecutive inspections, and an outstanding BSO inspected school;
- A commitment to ongoing professional development opportunities and in-house guidance and support;
- Small class sizes to enable learning to be personalised and pertinent to individual needs;
- An innovative, British-style curriculum in a highly inclusive setting;
- Work within an inspiring, friendly and supportive team of dedicated and happy staff;
- Teachers the freedom to be creative in their approaches to teaching and learning as well as opportunities to expand their skills in the areas of leadership in an EYFS-KS3, all through school.
For this post we are looking for...
- Commitment to the ethos of the school;
- Patience, enthusiasm, a sense of humour and an ability to accept and act on constructive feedback;
- Professionals with a secure working knowledge of the curriculum (particularly Development Matters in the Early Years Foundation Stage, and 2014 National Curriculum for England);
- Professionals with experience of working in an inclusive environment;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and team working abilities;
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills;
- A satisfactory health record and up to date criminal record check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) or equivalent.
An excellent remuneration package is available to successful candidates including competitive tax-free salary, a two-year renewable contract, local medical insurance, three months free accommodation, visa costs and annual flight allowance.
Applicants must hold the Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) certificate
Closing Date for Applications - 19th February 2018
Interviews will take place in London in the week beginning March 5th. Please complete the online TES Application Form and upload your supporting documents and a copy of your teaching qualification. Thank you.
St Andrews Samakee International School
43 Soi Tiwanond 48, Nonthaburi Thailand 11000
Phone: 66 2 952 4003 Fax: 66 2 952 4002