Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Year 1 Teaching Assistant to join a ‘Good’ primary school in the Borough of Croydon. This is a three-form entry, with a supportive and passionate team of teachers employed. The Year 1 Teaching Assistant is required to start in September 2018, contracted through to the end of the academic year.
About the Role
- Year 1 Teaching Assistant
- Working 1:1 with a student with ASD
- SEN experience is desirable, but not essential
- Working closely with the SENCO at the school
- Must have experience working with children
- Long-term contract starting in September 2018
- Salary from £16,000 depending on experience
About the School
- Three-form entry school
- Currently rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted
- Easily accessible with excellent transport links: ideally located just 15 minutes from central London, and a short walk from the school’s closest station
- New and modern learning facilities
- Support of TAs available in every class across the school
- Enthusiastic, encouraging and supportive style leadership from the SLT
In order to be considered for this role, the Year 1 Teaching Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
- Teaching Assistant qualification or similar
- Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number CXQ19806.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.