Year 2 Class Teacher (maternity cover)
We anticipate that the duration of this maternity cover contract will befrom the second half of the Spring Term 2019to the end of the Spring Term 2020.
Class teachers at Geneva English School fulfil a vital role. They take overall responsibility for the academic and pastoral needs of the children in their class and are the first point of contact for parents. They work closely with other teachers, teaching assistants and subject leaders, planning together and sharing ideas. There are two classes in each year group, from Reception to Year 6. Close collaboration is encouraged, both within and across year groups, and we look for links between different areas of the curriculum. We offer a UK-based curriculum, adapted to our context and location. For further details of our values and aims in teaching and learning, please see our Curriculum, Learning and Teaching Policy.
· To plan to meet the needs of all pupils, making effective use of resources and securing the best possible standards of learning and achievement
· To maintain good order and discipline amongst the children and to have due regard for their welfare, health and safety
· To establish professional and effective communication with parents, reporting to them informally and formally on the development, progress and attainment of pupils
· To liaise with the Head of Learning Support about any pupils with specific learning needs
· To contribute to the creation of a stimulating learning environment around the School
· To show an active commitment to the wider life of the School, including clubs, activities and events
· To show commitment to continuing professional development and to take an active interest in educational discussion and debate
· To carry out administrative and supervisory duties efficiently and conscientiously.
At GES, we keep an open mind in the consideration of any applicant who believes they have something special and valuable to contribute.
- Qualified teacher status
- Knowledgeable and experienced Key Stage 1 practitioner
- An enthusiastic, creative approach to teaching, which inspires pupils and ensures that lessons are relevant and engaging
- Commitment to an interconnected curriculum and to liaising with colleagues across a range of disciplines
- The ability to communicate effectively with pupils, parents and colleagues and to work as part of a collaborative team
- Good IT skills
- Flexibility, a sense of humour and a willingness to contribute to all aspects of school life including trips, projects, special events and clubs.
- Experience in teaching the UK National Curriculum in Year 2.
How to apply
Please submit a completed GES Application Form(available on our website) to the Head of HR, Ms. Aurore Alefsen by e-mail to email@example.com before 16:00 on Monday 12 November 2018. A brief covering letter to the Head and/or curriculum vitae may also be submitted but will not be accepted in place of a complete application form. Interviews will be held at the School in the week beginning Monday 19 November 2018.
Geneva English School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and enhanced national/international criminal records checks.