Set in the heart of Islington, Laycock Primary School is a diverse and vibrant community school with a wondrous spirit and a culture built on kindness and unity. We have a highly successful provision for deaf children which is fully integrated into the school and strongly reflects the school’s inclusive nature. We are part of Islington’s trauma informed programme, ensuring that we give our children and community the best support needed. This year, we have developed and re-launched our school vision and values, curriculum and enrichment programme making sure that our children get the best education, full of cultural experiences and 21st century learning.
We are looking for:
- A dynamic and creative classroom teacher to cover maternity leave
- Strong behaviour management techniques and strategies
- Sets high expectations for their pupil's achievements
- Committed to inclusion for all
- Experience working with a range of pupils including those with SEND, SEMH and EAL
- Able to work well as a member of a team
- An excellent understanding of child development
- A reflective and resourceful practitioner who is keen to make their practice the best it can be
Payscale: M1-M2 (NOT suitable for NQTs)
Upcoming dates: The interview procedure will be slightly different due to the limitations we are under in the current COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, we think it is essential that you know the upcoming dates and plans for virtual meetings and interviews. Unfortunately, we are not facilitating tours of the school due to C-19 restrictions.
Advert live: Monday 15th February 2021
Advert closure: 9am Monday 1st March 2021
Please complete the application on TES and attach or email the following documents:
1. Covering letter (see template and discussion points attached to advert)
2. Any additional documents to support your application
Shortlisting: Monday 1st March 2021
You will receive an email detailing your interview date and time with tasks to be completed and sent to us in advance of the interview.
Interviews (via Google Meets): Thursday 4th March 2021
Any questions, please contact Suzanne Bate (HT) on firstname.lastname@example.org
Laycock School is committed to Safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS Check that must be registered to the Update Service. National pay and conditions apply.
Laycock Primary School
Laycock Primary School
Islington, N1 1SW
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years