Wimbledon Common Prep School (WCPS) is a preparatory school for 168 boys aged 4-7 years. The school is situated in a lovely building with a large playground area surrounded by trees near Wimbledon Village and Common.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, able, enthusiastic, and dynamic Year 2 Class Teacher on a full-time basis from January 2022.
The successful candidate will:
- Inspire and challenge able young boys through planning, preparation, and delivery of excellent lessons
- Ensure that marking, recording, assessment and reporting meet the academic and pastoral needs of each individual child
- Offer pastoral care and support, providing the children with a secure environment in which they can learn
- Have the ability to build good relationships with children, parents and colleagues and demonstrate effective communication skills. Patience, flexibility, a commitment to teamwork and a sense of humour are essential attributes
- Take a leading role in the development of a subject area
- Be willing to contribute to our extensive programme of extra-curricular activities
The successful applicant must have experience of the London Day School application process for ages 7 – 8+.
- To provide a stimulating, challenging, well-organised and inspiring classroom environment
- To plan appropriately on a short- and medium-term basis, to meet the needs of all children
- To set clear, measurable targets to ensure children’s learning progresses
- To keep efficient tracking and progression records including formative and summative assessment
- To report to parents on the development, attainment, and progress of their child
- To take responsibility for the development of a curriculum area
- To deliver curriculum sessions to parents and teaching staff
- To manage behaviour through positive reinforcement and role-modelling
- To participate in meetings as and when required
- To lead, direct and communicate effectively with support staff within the classroom
- To communicate and cooperate with external agencies as and when necessary
- To take responsibility for finding opportunities in which to further their professional development
- To observe, both formally and informally, other teachers within the school
- To participate in their own appraisals of other teachers if asked
- To be able to work in a team, whilst also being able to use their own initiative
- To share responsibility for the development and pastoral care of all children in the school
- To demonstrate excellent organisational and time-management skills
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit: wcps.org.uk/vacancies
Closing date: 9am on Monday 20th September 2021
Early applications will be welcome - the interview process may be staged and some interviews held in advance of the closing date if there is large number of applicants for the role.
Wimbledon Common Prep is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of an enhanced CRB disclosure, satisfactory references, medical clearance, and proof of legal right to work in the UK.
Wimbledon Common Preparatory School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Boys school with students of age 4 - 8 years