Position: Year 3 Teacher
Commencing Date: Term 4, 2021
Classification: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract
Salary Range: $75,470 - $108,695 per annum pending experience
Incentives: ITAS Allowance
Closing Date: Monday, 04 October 2021 unless filled prior
St Francis School is a Catholic co-educational school located in the town of Ayr in the Burdekin region offering Prep to Year 6. The school is one of three Catholic schools that serve the Burdekin communities and is inspired by the motto, “Christ and Knowledge”. Established by the Sisters of the Good Samaritan in 1912, St Francis School remains committed to celebrating the message of Jesus Christ whilst providing educational excellence in teaching and learning. Highly professional staff and smaller class sizes provide a safe and nurturing educational environment that gives students a sense of belonging, conducive to learning.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
About the role
St Francis School, Ayr is seeking an experienced and dedicated Year 3 Teacher. This role is a Full Time, Fixed Term Contract position for the duration of Term 4, 2021 (Tuesday, 05 October through to Friday, 03 December 2021).
- To have knowledge of and commitment to the Catholic ethos and mission of the school
- To be able to work as a member of a committed team of professional teachers, dedicated to providing quality teaching and learning in partnership with the parent community
- To have an understanding of contemporary pedagogy and the ability to differentiate, and provide for, a diverse range of abilities
- To have the ability to collaborate and work positively as a part of a professional learning community
- To have a willingness to change and develop instructional strategies to increase student growth and achievement
What we offer
- Competitive Salary range: $75,470 - $108,695 per annum pending experience
- ITAS Allowance
- Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Access to salary packaging options to maximise employee benefits and salary
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Access to additional Employer Superannuation Contributions
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Access to corporate health schemes
- Induction processes, professional learning programs and Early Career Teacher Support
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Leadership development opportunities
- Firm lifelong teacher networks
- Wellbeing programs and initiatives
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested in hearing from you.
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
Please see the Position Description for more information.
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 5pm Monday, 04 October 2021 unless filled prior.
View other vacancies here
Diocese of Townsville Catholic Education