Please email firstname.lastname@example.org call 00447585 968 600 or 0044207 2598771 to ask any questions about this excellent opportunity to work Egypt.
We are currently seeking to appoint Year 4 and 5 Classroom Teachers for September 2018. Class teachers at BISC deliver high-quality teaching and are focused on improving the standards of learning and achievement of all pupils, while ensuring high standards of pastoral care and the effective use of resources.
The successful candidate(s) will be expected to support the work of the Junior School and will:
- be a graduate with qualified teacher status and with at least three years’ classroom teaching experience following the attainment of qualified teacher status;
- have an excellent knowledge and understanding of primary education;
- be able to demonstrate outstanding classroom practice for teaching and learning;
- have experience of teaching children with EAL needs and be able to implement strategies to support their learning effectively;
- be an enthusiastic and innovative teacher, who can motivate and inspire children using a wide range of teaching strategies;
- include Assessment for Learning as an integral part of classroom practice;
- be able to stretch the very brightest children and to support weaker children;
- be able to work as a member of a team and to contribute to the further development of the School;
- be committed to her/his own professional development, and in particular to the use of ICT as a tool for teaching and learning;
- involve herself/himself fully in the School’s co-curricular programme.
To comply with Egyptian employment law, applicants must have a MINIMUM of three years teaching experience post-teaching qualification.
- hold Qualified Teacher Status or its equivalent;
- have at least three years’ teaching experience post qualification in a British-curriculum school;
We offer a leading Package - Tax Free Salary of Minimum £32500 paid in UK Sterling
- The British International School, Cairo (BISC) operates its own teaching scale, which mirrors that in the UK, and is related to teaching experience.
- All salaries are paid in Pounds Sterling and are tax free meaning you can expect to take home 20-30% more than you would in the UK.
Our Highly competitive contract also offers
- Rent-free accommodation provided by the school- Support offered to find the right accommodation for you and your family
- Private BUPA medical insurance
- Annual return travel to the UK
- Free Schooling for 2 children -Generous fee remission for school-aged children (100% for the first two children, 50% for each additional child).
- The opportunity to live 1 hour from central Cairo in the suburbs
We are based 1 hour away from Central Cairo
Cairo itself is a bustling city, home to some of the world’s most iconic ancient monuments, with good access to other countries in the region, Europe and Asia. It is a city with a rich cultural heritage, a crossroads between Africa, the Middle East and Europe. With a population close to twenty million Cairo is a city of huge contrasts and provides endless opportunities for exploration and discovery.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your letter of application, addressed to the Principal (Dr. Carlo Ferrario) accompanied by a copy of your CV with contact details for at least two professional referees as well as a recent photograph to
email@example.com including the following information for VISA purposes
Your CV must include the following information for VISA purposes to meet the criteria
- QTS- Date obtained
- Number years teaching experience following the British national curriculum- Must be 3 years post qualification
- Date of birth
- Marital status
- Your Nationality
- Number of dependants-If applicable the Nationality of your Wife/Husband/ Nationality of your children
Shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited to interview in London, Cairo or via Skype in May.
Early applications are encouraged as the school reserves the right to make an appointment before the deadline if suitably qualified candidates apply.
The British International School, Cairo is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school