We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated Teacher to join our close knit school community. This is a full time fixed term classroom teaching position for Term 1 2021.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Ensure that the teachings and values of the Catholic Church form a foundation for learning and teaching,
• Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices,
• Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy,
• Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes, and
• Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Strong literacy and numeracy practices plus a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Proven organisational skills,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles,
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment, and
• As this position requires classroom teaching of Religious Education, applicants must be Catholic.
For more detailed information regarding the requirements of this position, please see the Teacher role description.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
Our Lady of the Angels is a co-educational primary school on the north-side of Brisbane with an approximate enrolment of 620 students. Our school offers a contemporary approach to teaching and learning, a high standard of integrated technology, many extra curricular activities and the benefits of being a high quality inclusive Catholic school. Our Lady of the Angels promotes a rounded education that encourages personal growth based on Christian values. We encourage students to develop a knowledge of other cultures, languages and environmental and social considerations. Students are empowered to participate as fully as they can in the life of the school. As our mission statement proclaims, our community seeks to empower and celebrate all as lifelong learners and leaders who are inspired by the lives of Nano Nagle and St Francis. As a Catholic school, we also strive to deepen an understanding of, and nurture a relationship with our God, through an extensive Religious Education program and community worship opportunities based on Catholic traditions. Our students are encouraged to shine with life; learn with love; and grow with God.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2021
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): Term 1, 2021
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Mr Nick Hurley
Contact Telephone Number: 0408 458 521
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 15-Jan-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education