From January 2022, we are seeking to appoint a Year 4 teacher to teach one of our two Year 4 classes. Class sizes at Sandroyd tend to range from 10 to 16 pupils in each class. The successful candidate will be an inspirational class teacher and will join a thriving Junior Department. They will work closely with the Head of Junior Department, the Director of Studies and the Junior Department team.
The successful candidate will have:
● A relevant teaching qualification and at least two years of recent and relevant experience post teaching qualification
● Recent, up to date and relevant experience in the latest methods for the teaching of phonics and numeracy to children of this age group
● Good computer skills and be competent in the use of ICT
● Excellent communication and organisational skills and the ability to work flexibly
● A desire to work as part of a collaborative team and an interest in sharing good practice and experience
● Great energy in their work and the ability to inspire children of this age
● The ability to build strong relationships with the staff and parents
● The highest standards of teaching would be expected, but above all, the desire for continued improvement in their teaching practice and a true team player will be key characteristics for the successful candidate.
Any offer of appointment will be subject to satisfactory references and criminal record checks via the Disclosure and Barring Service. Letters of application should state what particular skills and attributes you can bring to Sandroyd School, brief details of how you fit the position, including specific details of experience and achievements, and any interests and hobbies.
The completed application form and your brief letter of application should be addressed to the Headmaster and sent via Miss Sarah Harding, Headmaster’s PA, Sandroyd School, Rushmore Park, Tollard Royal, Salisbury, Wiltshire. SP5 5QD or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested candidates should apply by 10am on Friday 24th September 2021. Interviews will be held at Sandroyd on Friday 1st October 2021.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 13 years