Position: Year 5/6 Teacher
Commencing Date: Term 4, 2021
Classification: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract
Salary Range: $75,470 - $108,695 per annum pending experience
Closing Date: Monday, 20 September 2021 unless filled prior
St Peter's Catholic School, Halifax is a co-educational Catholic school in Halifax offering a small, close-knit community environment for children from Prep to Year 6. St Peter's Catholic School provides a friendly, welcoming and professional learning environment for all children, underpinned by the motto, “Together We Grow”.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
About the role
St Peter's Catholic School, Halifax is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic Teacher to take our composite Year 5/6 class for the duration of Term 4, 2021 (Tuesday, 05 October to Friday, 03 December 2021). Mid-year graduates are invited to apply!
- To have knowledge of the commitment to the Catholic ethos and mission of the school
- To be able to work as a member of a committed team of professional teachers, dedicated to providing quality teaching and learning in partnership with the parent community
- To have an understanding of contemporary pedagogy and the ability to differentiate and provide for a diverse range of abilities
- To have the ability to collaborate and work positively as a part of a professional learning community
- To have a willingness to change and develop instructional strategies to increase student growth and achievement
What we offer
- Competitive Salary range: $75,470 - $108,695 per annum pending experience
- ITAS Allowance
- Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Access to salary packaging options to maximise employee benefits and salary
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Access to additional Employer Superannuation Contributions
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Access to corporate health schemes
- Induction processes, professional learning programs and Early Career Teacher Support
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Leadership development opportunities
- Firm lifelong teacher networks
- Wellbeing programs and initiatives
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested in hearing from you.
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
Please see the Position Description for more information.
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 5pm Monday, 20 September 2021 unless filled prior.
View other vacancies here.
Diocese of Townsville Catholic Education