Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced Year 5 Teacher / KS2 Teacher for an outstanding independent school in Berkshire. The role is a maternity cover contract from January 2018 until July 2018, with the potential to be extended. The successful Year 5 Teacher / KS2 Teacher will also teach Year 6 Science and Humanities, as well as Girls’ Games. This stunning school caters for pupils aged 2 to 18 and includes a nursery, pre-prep, preparatory, senior school, and sixth form.
About the Role
· Year 5 Teacher / KS2 Teacher
· Timetable includes teaching Year 6 Science and Humanities, and Girls’ Games
· Form tutor role
· Maternity contract
· Start date January 2018
· Competitive salary
· Contributory pension scheme
· School fee discount
· Professional development
About the School
· Independent school, rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
· All-through, 2-18 co-educational school
· Broad curriculum and wide range of extra-curricular activities
· Well-resourced facilities
· Academically successful
· Children have the opportunity to take the 11 plus, Common Entrance or SATs
· Comprehensive pastoral support system in place throughout school
· 20 minute walk from Slough rail station
In order to be considered for this role, the Year 5 teacher / KS2 Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
· OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number GMA46210.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.