We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated teacher to join our close knit school community. This is a full time, fixed term position teaching Year 5 in our Junior Years (3-5) Precinct.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Strong literacy and numeracy practices plus a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Proven organisational skills,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles,
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment, and
• As this position requires classroom teaching of Religious Education, applicants must be Catholic.
For more detailed information regarding the requirements of this position, please see the Teacher role description.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
St Augustines College is a P-12 College offering families a co-educational pathway to life-long learning. St Augustines College which is situated at Augustine Heights in the western corridor between Brisbane and Ipswich is easily accessed via the Centenary & Logan Motorways. St Augustine's prides itself on the spirit that can be found in our students, teachers, sporting teams to wide extra-curricular opportunities and achievements, friendships and approach to learning. We are a co-educational College with a current enrolment exceeding 1400 students. We are a high quality, inclusive, Catholic College offering our students a rounded education that supports personal growth based on the Augustinian core values of Unity, Love and Truth.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing Term 2 2020
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): Term 2 - 4 2020
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Michelle Crossan
Contact Telephone Number: 3814 8300
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Role Description - Teacher Opens in new window
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window