We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated teacher to join our close knit school community. This is a fixed term full time position teaching Year 5.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Ensure that the teachings and values of the Catholic Church form a foundation for learning and teaching,
• Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices,
• Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy,
• Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes, and
• Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Strong literacy and numeracy practices plus a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Proven organisational skills,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles,
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment, and
• As this position requires classroom teaching of Religious Education, applicants must be Catholic.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
St Eugene College is a Catholic co-educational P-12 school located in Burpengary with an approximate enrolment of 1263 students. As a Catholic School we include, within our learning and teaching and the religious life of the school, the vital place of faith in the lives of our children and young people. At St Eugene we “enter to learn; dare to grow; and leave to serve”.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing 19 April 2021
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): Term 2 and 3, 2021
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Cathy Masotti
Contact Telephone Number: 3491 4600
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 26-Feb-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education