Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Year 6 Teacher to join a well-established primary school in Camden. The successful Year 6 Teacher will be joining a friendly and well managed school led by a supportive and experienced Leadership Team. This particular primary school groups the Year 6 students into smaller groups in the mornings so as to allow additional teaching focus. There is an excellent pastoral and SEN provision and teaching assistants are present in the classrooms. The school has ample outdoor space and has been serving the local community for many years. The successful Year 6 teacher will be employed on a full time basis from January 2019 covering a maternity contract. They will benefit from being part of a very supportive team and also have the opportunity to take part in regular CPD.
About the Role
· Year 6 Teacher
· 2 classes per year group
· Smaller group work taking place each morning
· Collaborative planning
· Full time
· January 2019 – July 2019 (maternity contract with the potential to extend)
· Daily rate between £135 - £190 (depending on experience)
About the School
· ‘Good’ Ofsted rating
· Co-educational primary school
· Excellent SEN and pastoral support available
· Large outdoor space
· Centrally located within the local community
· Kentish Town Zone 2
In order to be considered for this role, the Year 6 Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
· Be confident in planning engaging lessons and recording progress
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa/right to work)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number GMH31213.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.