We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated teacher to join our close knit school community. This is a full time, fixed-term position teaching Year 6 for Terms 2 - 4 2020.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Ensure that the teachings and values of the Catholic and Uniting Churches form a foundation for learning and teaching,
• Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices,
• Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy,
• Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes, and
• Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Strong literacy and numeracy practices plus a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Proven organisational skills,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles,
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment, and
• As this position requires classroom teaching of Religious Education, applicants must be committed to the Catholic or Uniting Church.
For more detailed information regarding the requirements of this position, please see the Teacher role description.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
Unity College is a P-12 Ecumenical College, in the Catholic and Uniting Church traditions, based in Caloundra. As part of Brisbane Catholic Education, our co-educational College aims to be a welcoming and supportive community of people who respect ourselves, each other and the environment. Our school seeks to provide a holistic education, striving for excellence through the teaching and demonstration of the Christian message. We are a school which provides a student-focussed education in a safe environment and which creates equal opportunity for all to develop their full potential.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing Term 2 2020
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): Term 2 to Term 4 2020
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Ms Debbie Vautier
Contact Telephone Number: 07 5490 5790
Contact Email: email@example.com
Role Description - Teacher Opens in new window
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window