Marymount College is an exceptional coeducational secondary College with a strong faculty culture, a commitment to adolescent learners and to life-giving learning for all. The College serves the southern Gold Coast and has a predicted enrolment of approximately 1460 students in 2022, a solid reputation for holistic Catholic education and a proud record, academically, in the arts and in sport. It is located at Burleigh Waters, 3 kms from Burleigh Heads. We embrace the person and vision of Jesus, and the example of Mary and St Francis, as we encourage all to respond to the creative presence of God in the spiritual, pastoral and social dimensions of their life.
Visit our school website here
We are seeking an enthusiastic, English and History teacher to join our school community. This is a full -time fixed term contract commencing on the 5th October until 3rd December 2021.
In this role, you will be expected to:
· Support the liturgical and prayer life of the school
· Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices
· Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy
· Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school
To be successful for this role, you will need to be able to demonstrate how you meet the following:
· Comprehensive knowledge of the English and History Australian Curriculum from Year 7-10 and Senior English Syllabus
· An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills
· Proven organisational skills
· Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices
· An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles
· Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment
. Ability to contribute to the school community through involvement in Co-curricular activities.
Applicants are required to address these points in the "Letter of Application" section of the on-line application form.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing 5 October 2021
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): Term 4, 2021
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Katrina Nicholson
Contact Telephone Number: 07 5586100
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 15-Sep-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education